Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Perfect Timing.


"Thom in Clifden" ©2009 Marlis Funk


©2009 Marlis Funk

I just had to wait for the right moment.

1. "Thom in Clifden"
I got the courage together to ask this gentleman if I could photograph him while we were in Lowry's Pub in Clifden, Ireland. I got a nice handshake from Thom, and a "where are you from?" before I took his photo. The gaze was quite intense, which surprised me, so I only took two shots - and it was low lighting. I was worried it would be fuzzy, and I avoided looking at the image for weeks because I would be too disappointed if it didn't work out. Finally, I had to know. And it's great! I love this photo. The invitation of another pint at the end of the table... all of this was just waiting for me to see that the timing was perfect.

2. The light was golden and moved rather quickly across the wall of the Castle that we were staying at near Kilkenny, Ireland. I had photographed it earlier when it encompassed more of the wall, and by the time I captured this image, it was almost gone. I love the colour of the light above the vibrant colour of the flowers, and that is was only there for a few moments of the same day that we were there.

- Marlis

No comments: