Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Wide Open Spaces Series

My computer lately has begun to take on the "look" of my office - slightly unorganized chaos. (The sign of a genius, right?!)
My filing system is currently a little mixed up, and upon searching for a certain prairie image, I stumbled upon these - images that I haven't shared yet.

I had been visiting my folks in March of 2008 and my dad (who initially inspired me and nurtured my love of photography) took me into the rolling hills of Southwest Saskatchewan along the old Red Coat Trail. There's not much there anymore, except for some glimpses of the past and reminders of what was.








These show my love of the landscape where I grew up - big skies and rolling plains. As much as I love Vancouver, there's a piece of my heart that will always be in that land.

~Marlis

No comments: