Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The Big Wind



Big Wind, Big Sky, Big Windmills. These days they dot the prairie landscapes like grain elevators used to. There are wind farms popping up all over the area I grew up in - southwestern Saskatchewan - and these images are from the Pincher Creek area.

I have a love/hate relationship with the wind. I love the warm chinooks in the winter and the cool summer breezes on hot days. I love a big storm that makes you lean hard into the wind to stay upright. Yet the wind can drive me a little crazy - its persistence. AHHHH!!!!

Now turn that negative into the positive - the wind farms. I'm all for "greener"/alternative energy sources, so I'm happy to see more and more windmills. And I'm excited for Becky and her new alternative energy company she's starting in our hometown of Swift Current (somehow that big wind blew her back there).
;-)

No comments: